Every night before going upstairs to bed I put everything I'm going to take with me the next day on the kitchen counter by near the back door....you know things like my IPOD, my keys, my cell phone.
Thursday morning I had been a work for awhile and realized my cell phone wasn't sitting on my desk. I got up and checked my coat pocket and it wasn't there. I thought perhaps I'd left it in the car so I went out to see if it was there. It wasn't in the car either. I started to get a little panicky. Could I have left it at Panera? I looked up the phone number to Panera but no one had turned in a cell phone. The panic was starting to get a little more severe.
I called my son who I knew was geting off work at 1pm to see if he was going home after work. When I found out he was I asked him to see if my cell was on the counter and to let me know either way. If it wasn't there I was going to have to call and report it lost.
Later that afternoon my son called me. I didn't even say hello. "Was it on the counter?" was the first thing that came out of my mouth when he said "hello." He said it wasn't but had more to add. He decided to call my phone to see if it was in the house somewhere. He could hear it ringing but couldn't find it. He kept calling and following the ring and finally found it....in one of my shoes in my closet
When I go to the gym I never take my wallet or phone in with me. Wednesday when I got into the locker room I realized that my phone was still on my belt. I took it off and tossed it in my shoe that I'd put in the locker while I was working out. When I left the gym I wore the NIKES home that I had on. I completley forgot I'd put the phone in my shoes and it had slid down into the shoe I'd put it in. When I got home an unpacked my gym bag I just tossed my shoes into the closet and walked away.
Mystery solved. Now you know why I dont take stuff into the gym with me unless I need it. Who knows what I'll do with it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I love your watch... I WANT ONE JUST LIKE IT! Square peg in a round hole...THAT'S ME!!!!
Post a Comment