Monday, April 23, 2007

Packin' his trunk


Josh is packin' his trunk and getting ready to make his move to Florida. It's countdown week with only 4 days to go. He has wanted to attend school at Full Sail since his senior year in high school (which was only year ago) and its finally come to fruition.

This month has been insane trying to get all of the details of this transition completed. From filling out student loan forms to finding adequate housing, we've been on the phone or on the computer non stop.

Lori and I were fortunate enough to be able to meet some of his advisers and see the college when we were on vacation two weeks ago. We were also able to take some pictures of the potential apartment complexes he would have to choose from for 'sight unseen' housing.

I'm so excited for this adventure for him. But intermingled in the excitement is worry and sadness. Worry because he's going to have to jump in head first into life and all that it deals you and sometimes what you're dealt isn't all that great. Sad because, even though we don't always see eye to eye on most things, it will be very strange not seeing him around the house, just coming and going.

Josh has wanted this to happen so much for such a long time and I pray that he will have unbelievable success in his classes and all that a career in SHOW PRODUCTION will bring.

1 comment:

Dix said...

You and Lori are such good parents. I have had the boys move away and come back and move away...and it breaks my heart each time. I will pray for all of your hearts..and Josh's success with his new career education. He is an awesome young man and I am glad I got to chat with him a couple of times....Good luck Josh...from me!