Sunday, January 06, 2008

Winding down, not so much

Seems like forever since I've posted a blog. Life had has been a whirlwind since the beginning of December and it feels like there's hardly been time to stop and even just take a breath. Between the regular routine of life and all that the holidays add to one's schedule it gets just plain crazy.

Christmas Eve at GCC was phenominal. I feel so fortunate to have been able to be a part of the behind the scenes work. The hours of planning and comittment paved an incredible program to tell the story of the birth of Jesus. And who'd of thought that it could have been done with music from the Beatles. It was outstanding.

And if all that didn't make things crazy enough, add to that the fact that we decided to put our house on the market as well. You can see the virtual tour at http://sbi.mlxchange.com/Pub/EmailView.asp?r=134878721&s=SBI&t=SBI . We've been listed since December 28 and todays open house brought our first 'lookers' Hoping now that the holidays are in the past that traffic will begin to pick up and we'll have a buyer soon.

Josh came home from school in Florida for 2 weeks. It was nice to have him home. He was up early the first few days he was home and met us for breakfast. However, sleeping in became more appealing and breakfasts turned into lunches. He hung out at home with us a few evenings. We got caught up on all that he was learning at school and how his life in Orlando was going. I don't mean to make it sound like we don't talk to him when he's at school, but you know that a phone conversation isn't the same as just sitting around and talking about life. I was quite surprized to learn that he doesn't really like Florida and hopes to land a job in Chicago after he graduates in June.

Today was Josh's 2oth birthday. I had to hustle him out of bed this morning as I had to get the house spic and span for the pending afteroon open house. We took him out to eat at Fridays but promised we'd keep his birthday on the down low so that he wouldn't have to endure singing and balloons tied to his hair. After lunch he accompanied us to look at tv's as our is about on its last leg. I think he arrives in Orlando around midnite tonite. With any luck I'll get to see him in February when I go to Orlando for the Leadership Summit meeting.

I was also introduced to Facebook in December. As if I had time for that! But I got hooked immediately. Still not quite sure of everything I can do on it but know how to post on someones wall and have gotten pretty good at that. It's the simple things!

We did have a few days off between the holidays, but of course a majority of that time was spent shopping, the thing, well one of the the things Lori and I do best together. Got some pretty good post Christmas deals.

We also did some major cleaning at home while we were on 'vakay.' The villa we hope to move into has no basement and much less storage space than we have in this home. We're really not packrats by any means but still managed to get rid of an amazing amount of stuff that we'd just been harboring for over the years and will hopefully make the transition into a smaller home easier to do.

Here we are starting the second week of January and there still isn't time to stop and take a breath yet. I'm waist deep in end of the year things to do at work. In addition, 2 major projects that I started last year are nearing completion. At times, well actually a lot of the time, it feels like there is no end in sight.

But odd as it may sound, I'm looking forward to what God has in store for me in '08 and ready to embrace it with all I have to offer.

No comments: