Friday night we went out to dinner with some friends and I paid with my Discover card. The next morning after our work out we went to Panera for a bagle and I got my wallet out and couldn't find my Discover card. I had the receipt for dinner in my wallet so I called the restaurant. They advised I had to call back later when the manager would be in for the day. I wasn't panicking just yet as I thought I probably just left it at home.
When we got home later that morning I searched all the usual places that I would have put it and couldn't find it anywhere. Panic was starting to settle in. I called the restaurant again and spoke to the manager. He advised that nothing had been turned in but I could call back in about an hour when the waitress who waited on us would be in for the day and perhaps she may have some information.
The anxiety of not finding the card began to mount. I continued to search in the house but still found nothing. An hour had passed so I called the restaurant again. The manager advised that the waitress said that I didn't leave anything on the table and there was nothing on the floor after we left.
After I hung up from the restaurant I immediately called Discover to report the card missing. The people at Discover were extremely helpful. They asked the typical questions to confirm my identity and then asked if I knew where I'd mad my last charge. I told them that it was at a restaurant the previous evening. The Discover rep asked me if I'd gotten gas after dinner (in my car, not from the dinner!) I said "no." She said "well someone did!" Apparently I'd dropped the card somewhere and a dishonest person had apparently found it and decided it was theirs to use. Discover advised they would close the account immediately and to instructed me on how things would be handled from there forward.
I want to give kudos to Discover for their very professional and helpful attitude they had with and towards me when I was the irresponsible one. Thanks Discover for calming me in a anxiety filled incident!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment