
Monday morning. No need for an alarm clock today because we're on vacation this week. But our 'aged' dog has no concept of vacation! He decided that it was time to get up at 4am.
He's just a small dog and sleeps at the foot of our bed. But when he leaps of the bed at 4am it sounds like an elephant. I think everything is amplified about a zillion times when your 1/2 asleep. It was a very loud thud. You'd think he weighed 100lbs!
Restless. That is what best describes him after he takes the plunge. He gets on his back and squirms around making grunting noises. This goes on for a few minutes then silence. Then you can hear him flip over on his back and the grunting and flopping starts again. This ritual goes on and on forever....or at least it seems that way when you're half asleep. Then the whining starts. Just repeated little squeaks. I guess he figures if all the grunting and flopping wont get us up then the whining will. And yes it works.Finally, just before 5am I gave in and decided to get up. I threw back the warm covers and rolled out into the coldness of the room. Coffee. I need coffee. It was pitch black in our room. When I stood up I could sense the dog wasn't far. I bent over and reached down into the black abyss and scooped him up.....but I got more than the dog.
I can't see much of anything but its obvious he has something wrapped around him. What on earth could it be? I began to pull and realized that whatever it was not just wrapped around him, he was woven through it.
It dawned on me that before we'd gone to bed I noticed that Lori had folded her gym clothes for the morning and placed them on top of her gym bag not far from the bed. Some how the dog, in all of his rolling around-back scratching escapades on the floor, had managed to knock the clothes off the gym back. But not only that, he'd managed to 'waller' his way through the arm strap of Lori's bra. He had it all twisted up around him. I pulled and unwrapped until I could finally get it off him.
I was pretty ticked at him for waking me up but almost laughed outloud when I realized what he'd done. If only I would have had a camera!
What a boob!
2 comments:
The sad part is it fit pippi better than it does me, hee hee
Oh my gosh, where is a camera when you need one. Hope you guys have a great vacation and a wonderful Thanksgiving. Happy Day!!
Post a Comment