Monday, January 26, 2009

When the economy crisis hits home...

What a day....I am emotionally drained. The economic crisis took it's toll on 8 people I know today who were awesome collegues, amazing friends, and most of all family to me.

Heartache hung like a cloud. Hugs and farewells conveyed compassion. But abandoned cubicles and offices became the stark reminder of the reality of it all.

A quote I saw on Twitter this morning sums it up... "God is still good". It's in difficult times like these we want God to move at the pace we expect. We want to be rescued now.

Psalm 77:1 I yell out to my God, I yell with all my might, I yell at the top of my lungs. He listens.

Even through pain we have to remain optimistic

Psalm 71 4-7 ......You keep me going when times are tough— my bedrock, God, since my childhood.

God is moving. and He loves his children and will care for them.

Psalm 86 But you, O God, are both tender and kind, not easily angered, immense in love,and you never, never quit. So look me in the eye and show kindness,give your servant the strength to go on,save your dear, dear child!


Be strong, my colleges. Be confident, my friends. Know you are loved, my family.

No comments: