I was running on the treadmill this morning when this song came on my IPOD … . The chorus says "I am always, always, always yours"
We're currently in a series at GCC called "GLEE" and its about putting some joy back in your life. How many things distract me from joy. Traffic, selfishnesses, mood...the list goes on. Perhaps I should rephrase and say how many "stupid" things distract me from having joy in my life. God is always at my disposal. It doesnt matter what time of day, what time of year, or where I'm at, He is always, always, always mine. If He is always there, why do I let the walls of my distractions block me from seeing Him and experience the joy He has for me.
The Switchfoot song ended and "Break Your Heart" by Taio Cruz followed. The chorus of this song says "I'm only gonna break, break, break your heart" How ironic. Isn't that what I do to God every day, break his heart because I let the walls of my distractions separate me from the joy He wants me to experience.
I continued to run with the thoughts these two songs had generated in my head. It wasn't long before another new song by Tiesto that I'd recently added to my workout playlist came on, "Satisfaction" There are only three lines in this entire song. They are "Push me, and then just hurt me, til I get my satisfaction" Now, I know your thinkin' just what kind of music does he listen to! It's just club dance music...geesh! It was so funny to me how the words of the songs I was hearing seem to link together. Didn't we do just that to Jesus. We pushed Him (and quite honestly that's a sever understatement). We hurt Him. Not only physically but emotionally. Yes, He asked His Father why he had forsaken Him. Who wouldn't? I can't even imagine attempting to endure the abuse He had to take. But despite all the torture He was put through He achieved his satisfaction. He conquered death....conquered death for all of us!
My IPOD needed a charge so when I got to work this morning I put it in my docking station, IPOD player thingy. My thoughts from the music I heard were still swirling in my head. I decided to play the Switchfoot song one more time. I played it for joy. Joy that I get from knowing that Jesus is always, always, always ours. Yeah, there will continue to be times when I let my own distractions and destruction's steal my joy. But I know that tucked in the back of my mind is the reminder that Jesus is always there, at any hour, on any day in any season.
No comments:
Post a Comment