
You really couldn't even see much of the grass in the back and side yards.
The weather hadn't been exactly been accomodating for clean up either. Rain and cold seem to be plaguing us day after day the previous week.
Knowing that our schedules weren't going to allow us to even think about raking until near the end of this week I decided to call in the reinforcements. Dan did our lawn for a summer a couple of years ago for a entire summer and he'd also cleaned up our leaves. I've used him a few times here and there for the lawn when we're out of town so I thought perhaps I could get him to do the leaves. So I called him. I wasn't too excited about the cost I was quoted for the job but I guess you pay a price for convenience.
Dan said that he'd be happy to clean up our leaves but the weather had put him behind as well (he owns his own lawn mowing company) and he probably wouldn't be able to get here until Friday. I thought about it and said that we'd try to get them done ourselves before then but if we didn't I'd call him Friday morning and give him a satus. I figured Lori and I could work on the leaves Wednesday and Thursday night. I didn't really want to miss our Journey class at GCC on Wednesday but I wasn't relishing the thought of paying a handsome amount to have them done by someone else either.
As I drove into our subdivision Wednesday evening, even though our house is a ways down the street it looked like there were no leaves in the front yard. As I got closer it became apparent that the leaves had all been cleaned up and the lawn mowed. I scratched my head. How did I miscommunicate my intentions? I have to admit the lawn looked great and I was selfishly glad that I would get to attend my Journey class.
When I got in the house and sat my cell phone down I realized that I'd never turned it on all day. When I powered it I saw I had three voice mails. I called my voice mail and my first message was from Dan. He said that his schedule had changed and that he was going to be availalbe to do our lawn on Wednesday. He said he was sure I'd probably still want it done but if I didn't to give him a call before noon. Well, yah can't really call someone back when you don't know they called!
I think God must have really wanted me to attend my Journey class!
No comments:
Post a Comment