Each month I am privileged to participate in a leadership meeting of my peers entitled "Check Point". We use this hour to expand our horizons and increase the means in which we are empowered to perform our work.
We had our check point meeting yesterday. I'd heard through the grape vine that we were seeing a video at our meeting and wondered if I should bring my popcorn.....
Popcorn....schmopcorn! This video, was one of the most, if not the most, informative, impressive and empowering videos I've seen.
One of our very own, Kem Meyer Less Clutter Less Noise , was recently a keynote speaker at the Dynamic Church Conference. Kem is our Communications Director here at Granger Community Church. Granger Community Church Although, Kem was addressing an IT (Information Technology) audience (I'm guessing), the depth, breadth and insight of her presentation is astounding. It's applicable across an entire organization.
Here is Kem's presentation. It's worth every minute of viewing....
Underbelly of Technology
Our opportunities to assist, serve, empower, and impact the lives of people we are surrounded by each day are limitless. That is, until we pull the plug and impose our own preconceived boundaries. We are driven to tie a bow around...and attempt to deliver the package we presume is desired. "Check it if off the list" becomes our goal. We become blind to other perspectives and considerations which hold the opportunity to an enhanced outcome.
We need to check our ego, find that image consultant so we can see what we don't see in ourselves, and find some common ground that will help us get into the world of the people we assist, serve, empower and impact.
I started reading a book last night entitled "The Noticer". It's about our preconceived, predefined perception of life. Coincidence, perhaps. God intervened, without a doubt. How do I become a 'noticer'?
I'm on task to be deliberate about deflating the "puffy coat guy" who lives in me(I know he's there)! I want to share my overhead bin.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment