
This is the second really dumb thing I've done this week. It's a good thing I'm taking a pseudo-vacation long weekend this weekend.
We have this really cool thing at work with voice mail. Instead of it going to our phones its set up to go to our email. For the past couple of days when I've received an voice email there hasn't been any sound. The first time I just wrote it off to a wrong number and they didn't hang up but then it happened a couple more times and I thought this just can't be coincidence.
Today I receive another "soundless" voice mail so I decided to put in a support ticket to our IT people to get some resolution. I prefaced my email with the known fact that I am hardware challenged so if it was something I could check and they told me where to check it I'd be happy to and save them a trip down to my office.
After putting the support ticket in, I decided to crawl around under my desk to see if anything had been disconnected. I was able to find all the right cords and cables and it was all hooked up. I thought it probably was as there is a green light on the speakers and its been on all along.
I don't know what made me think of this but my eyes focused in on the volume button on the lower right of my screen. Sure enough there was a red circle with a line through it over the top on it. Sudden and unbelievable embarassment rushed through my body. How stupid can I be!
Instantaneously I started an email to support that said "Disregard my previous email on sound from voice mails.......You don't want to know."
1 comment:
Thanks for writing this.
Post a Comment